Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Not Your Typical Nova Scotia Winter

Brew me a cup for a winter's night.
For the wind howls loud and the furies fight;
Spice it with love and stir it with care,
And I'll toast our bright eyes,
my sweetheart fair.~Minna Thomas Antrim

As predicted by the hornets in an earlier post, this winter in Nova Scotia has been one with little snow. Here's a photo I took just this afternoon of the lake, a thin layer of ice on it's surface. Who knows what the rest of winter will bring? But for now I'll enjoy this lack of snow.
Black Duck Lake


6 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely spot. Enjoy these benevolent winter days. You never know what weather is going to blow in next. (Voice of experience here, at -8.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Carol---Believe me, I've been definitely counting my blessings. We did have a few VERY cold days but the temp. here has been up and down..Cold one day and them +7 the next..Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your favourite childJanuary 19, 2012 at 5:30 AM

    Love the pic. Hard to believe it's the middle of January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's odd. You love the pic, I love the name--"Your favourite child" Thanks for the laugh! The other two will never guess it's you.

      Yes, it is strange weather for January but it will make the winter seem shorter. I'm looking forward the spring already!

      Delete
  4. Great shot, Laura. That's my kind of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Patti. Unfortunately our good luck ran out and we ended up with about 6 inches of snow. Sound like rain for Tuesday, though so that could be all gone again.

    ReplyDelete