Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Three Churches of Mahone Bay



I like the silent church before the service begins, better than any preaching. Ralph Waldo Emerson 

In the stillness of the early morning, the view of the three churches is breathtaking


I love the scenery in Mahone Bay, a picturesque little town on Nova Scotia’s south shore. People come from all over to see these three churches. I had plans to go to a service in each one of the churches over the summer with a friend, but unfortunately life got in the way. I'm a little anxious to see the inside of these magnificent buildings. I guess I'll have to wait.

2 comments:

  1. What an excellent photo you've taken. The calmness of the water, the reflection in the water. It's definitely an image most photographers would 'die' for. If your writing gig doesn't work out, perhaps you can give photography a try, LOL. :)

    P.S. Hope Tropical Storm Arthur didn't cause too many problems for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With such scenery it's hard to go wrong! It's really quite a famous view in these parts.

      As for Arthur, we lost power for four days, lots of tree damage on our property (fortunately we burn wood so it won't go to waste) and I'm still with home phone or internet. Had to come to the local cap site to check on my email. Still, we're fortunate because some people won't get back their power until Friday.

      Delete