Monday, April 4, 2011

Borden's in the Woods

Any chance we could get a Woodsman-related post? I used to love that place (I've maybe mentioned it once or twice over the years).---Shawn Keddy
I figure when a fellow Nova Scotian, living in Korea, asks for a specific post they're darn well entitled to it. This post is for you, Shawn.
  Although the name has changed it will always be known as the Woodsman to some. 
The Woodsman has long since been transformed into "Borden's in the Woods,"complete with gas pumps, a laundromat and a community room for people to gather and chat. After several years without a store in the community we consider ourselves very fortunate.
I have a suspicion that this is one customer who keeps on coming back. I'm not quite sure what catagory he falls under. FYI this little guy will be making his debut appearance on my blog next time so make sure to check back.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, memories! When I was younger, my family would go snowmobiling in Dalhousie almost every weekend. Most rides would end in a trip to the Woodsman. I used to think that eating there was about the fanciest meal a person could have! Thank you for the post. How are the hamburgers these days? They were always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most welcome, Shawn! Sorry to report, however, that hamburgers are no longer cooked there. They do serve hot soup during the winter months when the snowmobilers show up. Hopefully next winter I'll get some more photos with a bunch of snowmobiles in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank goodness for Borden's. Can you imagine being a 20 minute drive away from the nearest Mars Bar?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not willing to even consider that..Hehe!

    ReplyDelete